Monday 28 February 2011

Made a start with my subjects

1.3.2011
Well, I've made a start and got two sets of pictures under my belt; an artist friend - Moya, a friend who let me practice on her, 

At work in her studio

But I prefer this one of her full face. My tutor, CliveW, told me when I did the first assignment People Aware, that it was important to show people in their own environment as it gave you an impression of them and their lives. But I prefer this one of Moya,





And the curator of the local museum, Mary, came in early last Sunday so that I could take her picture.  Again, I like this one of her,

Giving me 'the look'
but, bearing in mind my tutor's comments from a previous assignment, will probably use this one in my final portfolio:


1.4.2011: Changed my mind about the Curator picture and have decided to use the one below:
Is it straight?
I'll need to manipulate it as it's heavily influenced by the fluorescenting in the stairwell. Never mind, easily corrected using Photoshop.
Two down, eight to go as I assume you aim for about 8 - 10 subjects and choose the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment