Tuesday 22 March 2011

Nearly finished all the pictures

I've been working hard to get the photography done for this assignment. I've photographed the mayor putting on her official robes, the harbour master looking out of his window and John, a retired shepherd, in his shed drinking his home made wine.

Here's a couple of the shots of the mayor in her robes:
John, the winemaker, enjoying a tipple:

And the Harbour Master, surveying his domain:

Graeme is a bit small in this picture because the original was 21 inches wide. I used the panorma view to take three images and the camera then stitched it all together making each image a bit quirky which I really liked.

I have given up on several subjects as either I have been unable to contact them or, as in a small town like Lyme Regis with people wearing so many different hats, it's been too difficult to visualise them in one particular role. The other suggestions I have abandoned were the best fish and chip shop owner, Adrian Grey the beach stone balancer and the Potter at the Town Mill.

So far I have photographed - in no particular order - an artist, a photographer, a fossil collector, the mayor, the harbour master, a well-known shop assistant, the curator of the local museum, my dyslexic IT student and a local home made wine maker.  Now comes the hard bit - writing up about all of them and, what is even harder, getting them to write a few words about themselves.

My timetable to complete this module is to get the photography done by the end of March, complete the write ups and support stuff and post it to my tutor by Easter (Good Friday is April 22nd) then send in the whole People & Place module for the window of May 15th - June 15th for the July assessment at Bucks University.

Wow, can it be done? Yes, it can, fingers crossed and a following wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment